Back in early November a small group of pastors were treated to a visit by Iain Murray sharing about lessons we can learn from the puritans. We all found it extremely helpful and encouraging as we press on in ministry.
What can we learn from them as key foci in the christian life?
1. The nature of true christianity/priority of the gospel – there must be a saving conversion to Christ
2. Necessity of a disciplined life (according to biblical pattern)
a. scripture reading/meditation
b. secret prayer
c. praise in prayer and song
d. watchfulness – keep short accounts with God
3. Sanctification of the Lord’s Day
4. The importance of unity
5. Fear of Roman Catholocism
6. Example of the power of the word of God preached
(it’s about an hour) Enjoy!